Media Center Overview
The mission of the SVHS library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information, create lifelong learners, and encourage a love of reading. Emphasis is placed on providing free access to a variety of materials that meet both the educational curriculum and recreational reading needs of Springs Valley Jr.-Sr. High School students.
Our purpose is to provide instruction that fosters competence and stimulates interest in reading, viewing, and using information and ideas; and to work with other educators to design learning strategies and opportunities to meet the needs of individual students.
Policies and Procedures
- Students are responsible for returning overdue media center materials.
- Students must pay for lost media center materials.
- Books are checked out for three weeks.
- Two items are checked out at a time.
- Reference materials are checked out for 1 period.